Corrosion is the destruction or deterioration of a material because of reaction with its environment. Corrosion is the most common and costly failure mode impacting engineered and structural materials, yet it tends to be accepted as inevitable precisely because it is so pervasive. Metallurgical Testing Services provide experienced corrosion analysis and prevention to your company’s cost saving arsenal of resources. These include:
- Root cause analysis of corrosion failures and cost effective prevention
- Identification of corrosion causing contaminants AND their source.
- Corrosion testing of alloys, plating, coatings and surface treatments to determine effectiveness in a comprehensive range of service environment.
MTS provides corrosion analyses to a comprehensive range of industries. Our analyses identify the cause and type of failure and, most critically, we provide practical cost-effective options manufacturing process or design to prevent future failures.
- Pitting and Crevice Corrosion in accordance to ASTM G 48 A and C and ASTM A 923 method C.
- Intergranular Corrosion in accordance to ASTM A262( Practice A,B,C,E) and ASTM G28 A
- MTS also makes supporting test services in evaluation of corrosion tested specimens tested in accordance to NACE 0284, HIC test and NACE 0177, SSCC/SOHIC tests.